Friday, August 28, 2009

taking the weekend off and some updates


I'm taking the weekend off as I'm visiting family, but you can always send me an e-mail or leave a message in a post and I'll get back to you quickly. No matter what I say about taking a break, I'm never far from a computer. That said, I wanted to share some information about what's going on with the site.

First off, I'm sure you've noticed the new logo for the site. My great friend Bobby Makar of Film Makar Productions designed it and some of the variations that have made appearances here for me. He and I haven't settled on the final version yet but it'll be up soon. When I put it up I'm also gonna provide contact info for Bobby if anyone wants to drop him a line or ask him about work that he does. He's an ultra-cool cat and I'm sure he'd love to hear from you about the logos or any other work he does.

Second, there are gonna be some pretty cool posts coming soon. I've been in contact with Sean Carlin from Dink but so far we haven't been able to make our schedules come together. Sean is a really nice guy and I know he'll sit down and talk with me soon, and the last thing I want to be is a pest to him. Hopefully he'll talk to me about the unreleased album(s) Dink recorded for Capital as well as the band's origin and what everyone is up to now.

Third, I've been talking with Romulo Del Castillo, better known to the world as a co-founder of Schematic Records, one half of the group Phoenecia (pka Soul Oddity) and also a solo artist under the name Takeshi Muto. For the uninformed, Schematic is like an American Warp Records, so for people who love Aphex Twin, Autechre and Boards Of Canada, you'll love Schematic! Rom is super, ultra, CRAZY FUCKIN' COOL and he's provided me with all kinds of info on Schematic, the artists involved with the label and what is going on with the label and Phoenecia now. I'm going to write a very detailed post on Schematic and Phoenecia, and that will most likely appear within the first third of September. Rom also told me he'll be sending me some exclusive content for the post, including a now thoroughly unavailable recording almost no one has heard which he has given his blessing to me sharing with all of you! So, keep your eyes open for that post, it's gonna be huge!

Finally, I've been in contact with David Williams a few times in the last few months about doing an interview in relation to the Jungle Brothers' Crazy Wisdom Masters. David seems really nice but I know he's busy so we haven't gotten to talk about anything yet. This will be a very cool post as David was involved in the creation of the album in it's earliest stages, and he wants to refute stories about his being fired. Hopefully this will start up more conversations on the album and why it isn't out.

All three of these posts are really big deals to me because these people are heroes to me! Schematic has been one of my favorite labels for years and I can assuredly say I've tried to follow them through all their stages, so it's a dream come true getting to talk with someone who has produced music I love so much! Same goes for Sean Carlin, as he was a local hero to me and part of the reason I got involved in music and being a dj. I always wondered how someone could put out such a great record and tour relentlessly for it, only to have the label shoot them down. Sean is loaded with stories and a great attitude so I know we're gonna have a great talk. And David, like a lot of people involved with Crazy Wisdom Masters, has been very cool talking about the album, which is something no one had to do, and I can't begin to show my appreciation for them sharing their time and memories with me. I know they all have other things more pertinent to them going on other than talking with a blogger who loves their works, so I wanna give a big thanks to all of them and everyone else who has talked to me for this site, because I couldn't have done it without their help! Same goes for everyone who visits the site! I knew there were other people who loved a lot of the same things I did, but I didn't know I'd find so many of them by starting my little site, so I've gotta give a huge thanks to all of you for visiting and checking out my posts!

One more time, to everyone I've talked with, that has shared info with me, that has given me their time and answered my questions, and everyone that visits the site, THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!

I'll be back Monday with some more goodies. I'm probably going to be posting a really high quality rip of BOMB's Hate Fed Love first but I'm also going to be featuring those Danny Elfman, Nightmare Before Christmas demos next week. Forgive me if those don't sound perfect, but I haven't seen anyone else sharing those online so I think they're worth hearing regardless of quality.

Anyway, hope you all have a good weekend. I'll leave you with two tunes that keep me awake when I'm on long drives. SHE probably won't want me playing them in the car, but it's not her car and she's not paying for the gas, so...

Kyper - Tic Tac Toe

Ministry - Jesus Built My Hotrod (Redline/Whiteline Version)

No comments:

Post a Comment