Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Self - Ornament & Crime: Demos Mixes


I received a special request for an update to a previous post on the blog, so today I'm featuring that item. This is the initial leak for Self's Ornament & Crime. These often get listed as demos but they are far more polished than demos. Demo Mixes though, that sounds more like it, as these sound far from finished. There are a lot of interesting differences between these and the final mixes that I posted earlier, so if you're really feeling those you should grab these too for a detailed comparison. I still say this album would have been too much of a compromise to Dreamworks as it is way too squeaky clean compared to many of Mahaffey's other releases, but there is still some great material here. Anyway, you can check out my post of the final mixes here if you haven't grabbed them already.

Self - Ornament & Crime: Demo Mixes

01 LA Radio
02 Hellbent
03 Emotional
04 Insecure Sober
05 How Can I Make You Happy
06 Can't Go On
07 Coming Over
08 Out With A Bang
09 The Pounding Truth
10 Potential
11 No One Knows You

PS-Any problems with the sound of the tracks were already there to being with. The only thing I've done was to update the tags. The files ARE NOT re-encodes.

No comments:

Post a Comment