Sunday, August 16, 2009

One Inch Punch - Tao Of The One Inch Punch


Justin Warfield? Check! Spaced-out lo-fi hip-hop stuff? Check! Ex-members of the Justin Warfield Supernaut? Check! Overuse of the phrase check? Well... what's important is that this is here and it's another spin on Justin's diverse styles. This did not come out in the US so you'll be forgiven for not being aware of it's release. I was kinda aware of One Inch Punch, but I honestly thought it was a short-lived one-off kind of project, so I want to give thanks to Genzel for bringing this album to my attention. There was also an EP named Secrets Of The One Inch Punch as well as a few singles, but I haven't found them yet so, if you've got them and don't mind posting them, I'd love to hear them. But for now, enjoy this blast of lo-fi funk!

One Inch Punch - Tao Of The One Inch Punch

01 Just Enough
02 Gemini
03 Latitudes
04 Represent
05 The Bu
06 Take It In Stride
07 Metaphysics
08 Wallflower
09 Orson Welles' Martians
10 If


PS-There is another band named One Inch Punch that should not be confused with this one. Justin's One Inch Punch only had one full length release.

No comments:

Post a Comment