Thursday, August 13, 2009

Miles Davis - More Seventies Sessions


Man, this one was supposed to happen a while ago. I actually included one of these tracks in the earlier Miles Sessions post I did, but regardless, I think you'll find this post very interesting.

I received these tracks as two separate collections, one marked Jabali Sessions and the other 11/6/74, although there was a text file included which also listed them as October 74 sessions. The text file showed that these tracks had all been traded together at one point or another, so I put them back in the order they were originally presented and tried to figure out which takes were which and what the correct dates were. This wasn't easy and some information is still missing, but Peter Losin at Miles Ahead cleared some things up. The first seven tracks are definitely the Jabali sessions, although apart from takes 4 and 11, it's unclear what takes or rehearsals the other tracks represent. As for the last six tracks, they are untitled originals from April 1973. None of these, apart from Take 4 of Jabali, have been posted on the site prior to this, so enjoy some interesting Miles goodies.

By the way, I do have to apologise for the awful editing on these tracks, but I cannot claim responsibility. Apart from having retagged the files I have not altered these tracks in any way, including leaving the empty sounding ninth track in. As I said to Peter and he later restated to me, "whomever released this seems to have chopped up the start points rather badly". Sad but true.


Miles Davis - More Seventies Sessions

01 Jabali session
02 Jabali session
03 Jabali session
04 Jabali session
05 Jabali (Take 4)
06 Jabali session
07 Jabali (Take 11)
08 Untitled Original 730424a (Take 2)
09 (nothing?)
10 Untitled Original 730424a (Take 3)
11 Untitled Original 730424b (Take 1, Part 1)
12 Untitled Original 730424b (Take 1, Part 2)
13 Untitled Original 730424b (Take 1, Part 3)

No comments:

Post a Comment