Saturday, December 5, 2009

Rafael Toral, independent artists and supporting the music we love

I'm amazed I missed this! I was checking downloads on the site last night only to find that the second most downloaded item here is Rafael Toral's Wave Field. Without saying the number of downloads, it was large enough to make me wonder if there were any comments on it I might have missed. Well, there was one, only one, and it was from Mr. Toral himself. You can view the original post and read his message here. While he said he appreciated my kind words, he was thoroughly upset that I had his album available for download completely free. In my defense, I believed the album to be unavailable for purchase in any manner other than second hand, but I've always said that I don't want to take away from an artist's livliehood and if they don't want me sharing their content I would be happy to remove it. So, as of today, I will be removing Mr. Toral's Wave Field from download and suggest that you visit his website where you can sample and purchase his releases. And to Mr. Toral, my sincerest apologies, I never meant to cause you any harm or disrespect. If I've never made it clear, while I do believe being able to review music prior to it's purchase is important, if you enjoy the music you should support the artist and purchase their releases. Most of the music on my site isn't available for purchase ANYWHERE, but sometimes it is and there are so many additional places it can be found, so if you love music like I do, please support the artists by purchasing their releases, especially if they're independent like Mr. Toral. I'm sure he and all other artists who rely upon their sales will appreciate your support!

No comments:

Post a Comment