Friday, December 4, 2009

Futurisk


This is another fine example of what happens when I have no time to really write a post. Nonetheless, this is some good stuff and I figured people would like to check it out. Futurisk were an early synth-pop band from Florida that produced some very good grooves. For more info about Futurisk, click here for a bio courtesy of Jeremy Kolosine himself. Jeremy is the man behind the music and is active to this day in the 8 Bit and Chiptune scenes. You can find info about his other projects at Receptors Music.

This download contains, to the best of my knowledge, EVERYTHING released by Futurisk including some unreleased recordings. I've used the versions of the Player Piano EP posted by Mutant Sounds (see here) and the Army Now 7" posted by Mmmbling Around (see here), so I want to give them credit here. I don't like stealing content, but since these are pretty rare records and I'm featuring more than just those two releases, I figured as long as I gave a shout-out it would be alright. Thanks guys!

You'll also find here some live recordings, some previously-unheard tracks, the version of Meteoright from The Found Tapes compilation and a lower-bitrate copy of Split Second Decision from the Player Piano EP that doesn't feature the skip from the copy included. Most of the tracks mentioned in this paragraph are courtesy of a friendly fellow named anemic cinema. Massive credit to you sir!


Futurisk - Complete (as far as I know) Discography


PS - Jeremy has mentioned that he would like to reissue some of the Futurisk material eventually. As always, Jeremy, if you would like me to remove the downloadable content from the post please let me know, I will be more than happy to do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment