Sunday, September 20, 2009

Jason Hogans - Peter and The Rooster


Pardon my absence over the last few days. I've been ridiculously tired, suffering from a toothache and hating the change of weather. That's not to say that it's become overly cold or anything, but you can feel it in the air. It hasn't been all bad though. I got to watch the excellent 500 Days Of Summer with my woman earlier today, I've heard most of the Warp20 (Recreated) compilation and I've been listening to Jason Hogan's excellent Peter and The Rooster. It only has five tracks but lasts about forty minutes, so I don't know if it's an EP or an LP, but that's no big deal as it's such a beautiful release.

Normally, I like to come with all kinds of info about the artist in question and their release, but in this case I can't tell you much about Mr. Hogans. For several years, this was the only thing he had released, although he's had a few compilation appearances since as well as a few releases under several of his aliases. The real story, for me at least, is how I found out about this record. One late night at a certain college radio station, while digging through their crumbling electronic vinyl collection, I found a sleeveless white label 12" with no obvious markings other than a very large Planet E stamp. Intrigued, I threw it on and heard some truly beautiful housey stuff. I had to find out who this was, so I found the catalog number on the dead wax and looked it up on discogs. I was pleased to find the CD had an additional track on it and proceeded to hunt it down with the quickness. A gorgeous record!

If you'd like more info about Jason Hogans, you can always check his discogs page, dig into Really Nice Recordings, a label he started with John Stoll, or visit Exchange Bureau Music where he recently released a collection of tracks under several of his aliases.

As always, enjoy!


Jason Hogans - Peter and The Rooster

01 Peter and The Rooster
02 Warmfuzzy
03 Esteem
04 The Irony Of False Freedom
05 Nine

No comments:

Post a Comment