Friday, February 26, 2010

Important Information/Liz Phair - Phairities


Hey folks, just wanted to drop you a line and let you know some things that are kinda important that I've hinted at here.

First off, the thing I mentioned a few days ago, the first (maybe?) annual Unheard Music get-together thing, I want to re-create the Flaming Lips' Parking Lot Experiments. I didn't get a lot of responses, which is probably because I didn't come right out and say what I was talking about, but what I got was very promising. I really want to try this and hope to pull it off in early June if I can get an appropriate number of people to participate. There will be no fee to participate and I am not asking for funds or donations of any sort, just to be 100% clear. I don't have all the details about where this will occur worked out yet, and I'm trying to contact the Flaming Lips to get their permission to use tracks from Zaireeka for the event. Hopefully, since there is no money involved, it won't be a problem, but until I hear back you never know. So, if anyone is interested in participating, let me know and we can discuss adding you to the list of participants. Apart from that, this project has quite a ways to go before it's ready for prime time. I'm going to post flyers at several of the colleges in my area, try to hype the event to college radio stations in the area, and there will be a website for further details when they start to solidify.

Second, Imaginary Records, the "sister" site to the Unheard Music, is going on hiatus after four posts. Yeah, I know, kinda lame, but it's not working out. It may eventually return, but for now it will no longer be updated.

Third, I haven't actually gotten around to posting any videos like I talked about at the beginning of the year (or was it the end of the year?), but I still hope to do that, I've simply been very busy, so don't give up hope, it will happen!

Fourth, lots of things I've been holding back will appear in March, including Beck, the last Zappa post for a while, a WaxTrax! Records retrospective, and the triumphant return of Miles Davis! The Miles post is going to be crazy as it contains the near-complete sessions for one of the greatest jazz recordings in history and some interesting details surrounding the pseudo, incomplete, and totally unneccesary reissue of them since it's missing TONS of content, but at least it didn't claim to be "COMPLETE" this time! There are a bunch of other things I'll be posting, but those three are pretty cool so be on the lookout!

Finally, this is the last Liz Phair post, at least for now. I have exhausted my findings so now we have to wait until some lucky soul (hopefully me!) gets to interview Liz and ask her about the third Girly-Sound tape. This collection though features lots of rarities and non-album tracks and has been named Phairities by some clever collector(s). Unfortunately, my copy, which I've had since who knows when, comes with little information about the track sources, so apart from what I know and can confirm, some of the stuff here is a bit of a mystery, but I'm sure you'll find it quite enjoyable regardless. You know, this might not be the definitive last Liz post for now as I have an upgrade of two tracks from this collection that I should post, and I may post that in March, but this will most likely be the last CD-length post for the known future. And hey, it's always a good excuse to post more sexy photos of Liz!


Liz Phair - Phairities

01 White Babies (Answering Machine Version)
02 Rocket Boy
(from the Stealing Beauty soundtrack)
03 If I Ever Pay You Back (Live)
04 Hurricane Cindy (Live on KCRW)
05 Wasted (Live)
06 Carnivore
(a-side of the Carnivore single)
07 Never Said (Live, 120 Minutes)
08 Beginning To See The Light (Live)
09 Don't Have Time
10 Oh My God
11 Shirley MacLaine (with Ashtray Boy)
12 Infidel (with Ashtray Boy)
13 Divorce Song / Emotional Rescue
14 Six Dick Pimp
(from the Kids In The Hall: Brain Candy soundtrack)
15 Sometimes A Dream (Live)
16 Ride (Live)
17 Mesmerizing (Live)
18 6'1 (Live, 120 Minutes)
19 Away With The Pixies (Ben Lee cover)
20 I'll Get You High (Live)
21 Support System (Live)
22 Fuck and Run (Live)
23 Carnivore (Raw)
(b-side of the Carnivore single)
24 You Have No Idea (Live)
25 Wasted (Live on KCRW)
26 Combo Platter (Girlysound)
(b-side to Supernova)


And now for more sexy photos of Liz!












Okay, now I do feel a little perverted. Too many hot pics of Liz? Promise, this won't become a standard of the site! Enjoy the music!

No comments:

Post a Comment