Saturday, February 20, 2010

The First (maybe?) Annual Unheard Music Get Together?


Ladies and Gentlemen, I'm in the VERY EARLY stages of planning an event that I'd like to invite you all to this summer. I don't want to go into too much detail yet but it would be a free event, there would be no cash or donations required or requested, and it would involve music-lovers who have cars. I'm not going to say much else yet because I'm working out details, but I would need a number of people who would like to make a trip to Ohio, with their cars, and hang out for a few hours. We can talk about music, we can share stories and I could play you some stuff that I can't share on the site for certain reasons, but above all we would partake in this unique event. Now, I understand that many of you reading this site probably don't live anywhere near me so if you don't want to make the trip, and I can't blame you if you don't want to, it's totally cool, but if you do live maybe a few hours away and want to do something rather unique (I don't think it's been done since 1996) I'd love to meet you.

As for what I will tell you about this event, it DOES NOT involve sex, drugs or any illicit activities. It is completely music based and I'd love to see between 20 to 40 people show up. Also, the cars are VERY important. I'd have to know certain details about your vehicles (CD players, tape decks, 8-Tracks?) and I would be creating special content for each and every one participating. Folks with boomboxes could also participate. Oh yeah, it'll be LOUD!

If any of this sounds like fun, please leave a comment in this post or send me a private e-mail and I'll tell you more. Beyond that, once I get a little more information about the location for this event, I'll be happy to spill the beans publicly. If this goes off without a hitch, I'd love to turn this into a yearly event, a get-together for fellow music lovers and those who want something totally different to do.

Let me know what you're all thinking and we'll talk more soon. More music next week!



Dave3

No comments:

Post a Comment