Wednesday, March 31, 2010

THE UNHEARD MUSIC IS ONE YEAR OLD!


Mein Gott! It's been one year folks! The Unheard Music is officially one year old! With that said, I want to thank EVERYONE that visits the site and reads it, downloads stuff, leaves comments, and has helped me with details and research as well as providing links for really cool stuff to check out! I'm so happy you like the site and can't thank you enough for your support!

Now, I had something in mind I wanted to give you on the one year anniversary, but I can't give you the whole thing, so I'm posting a "sampler" of something that has grown in infamy here. I'm not going to say what it is, but if you've been around here for a while or read a certain post that has been revisited more than once, you'll have an idea what I'm talking about.

I've also received a few requests for the FLAC version of the mono mix of Miles Davis' Kind Of Blue. Keep in mind, if you're looking at the file and thinking it looks kind of small, it's true one-channel mono, so it's significantly smaller in size, but it is true lossless so don't worry, you're getting the whole enchilada.

Thanks again to everyone and hopefully we'll be around for quite a while more! I'd say years but we all know how google/blogger has been acting lately. I'd think I have it on my side that this site doesn't post new releases and such, but I've seen other sites that post weird or rare stuff get shut down for practically nothing, so I'll keep my fingers crossed. Regardless, if I were to get shut down, I have all the content from the site backed up so, in theory, I could re-post it somewhat quickly, but let's hope that doesn't happen.

One more thing, big props to all the people I've gotten to speak with for posts here like Skiz from WordSound, Richard Devine, Dan LeRoy and my main man Rom Del Castillo at Schematic! Thank you so much for taking time out of your crazy lives to speak with me! I couldn't have done this without your contributions! Thanks for everything guys and if I can ever help you out, just let me know. And if I forgot anyone, please forgive me, it's not even 8am here yet, I haven't had my morning Coca-Cola yet so I'm still a little dull. Much love to everyone, contributors and readers alike!

the one year surprise "sampler"

Miles Davis - Kind Of Blue (Mono FLAC)


PS - Please visit Dave Is Writing A Book, a little site I set up because I'm writing a book. It'll tell you more there.

No comments:

Post a Comment