Sunday, March 28, 2010

A RIDICULOUSLY IMPORTANT UPDATE!!!!!

Ladies and Gentlemen, I've received some notes that people have either been having trouble opening some of the .rar files I've uploaded recently or downloading some of the posts. As for the downloading, I don't know what the difficulty is and I have no suggestion other than to try again. Sorry. Regarding the damaged files though, I have a few important things I can tell you...

1) If you're a Windows user and open your files with WinRAR, I have included a recovery record with all of my posts since around the beginning of February. In WinRAR, click Tools in and choose Repair Archive, WinRAR should do the rest.

2) If you're a Mac user, I've been informed that you should try using The Unarchiver to open .rar files. From what I understand, people who had received errors using standard Mac programs to open the .rar files had no trouble when they used The Unarchiver. I've linked the download in this text, but I'll link it again right HERE! HUGE thanks to Darjeeling for finding this program and letting me know about it! You are the man, man!

3) A little further detail on why I use mediafire for posting files. It's free! That's a big plus as I don't have a lot of cash to purchase my own server or whatever and I'm sure I couldn't afford the fees once the downloads went over the data limits. On top of that, for the most part, mediafire has worked pretty well. That said, if anyone has any suggestions for alternatives, I'd love to hear them because it could always be a smoother process.

Finally, I've re-posted the Miles Davis link and I'm working on Culturcide right now. Please let me know if anyone has any problems with them.

Thanks again everyone for visiting my site! I hope you're all having a great weekend and that you're digging whatever you're downloading! More stuff coming soon as always!


Dave3

No comments:

Post a Comment