Saturday, November 21, 2009

Silicon Teens - Music For Parties


I said I was going to post this about two weeks ago, and sadly that didn't happen, so I'm gonna make it up to everyone and post it today. This album is all Daniel Miller doing his very minimal synth take on classic rock and roll, and one look at the track list will tell you these songs represent the truest definition of classic in this sense. Not much more to say, other than you should totally check this out. It's VERY cool! Hit their wikipedia reference for more info and click here to see the video for Memphis, Tennessee. I love when they show the number was actually written on the wall!


Silicon Teens - Music For Parties

01 Memphis, Tennessee
02 Yesterday Man
03 Doo-Wah-Diddy-Diddy
04 T.V. Playtime
05 You Really Got Me
06 Chip N' Roll
07 Do You Love Me?
08 Let's Dance
09 Oh Boy
10 Sweet Little Sixteen
11 State Of Shock (Part Two)
12 Just Like Eddie
13 Red River Rock
14 Judy In Disguise
15 Let's Dance
16 Sun Flight


PS - A friendly reader named Laurie Laptop left a note in my post about Daniel Miller's work as The Normal, and offered a track to check out. It's an old-school analog synth goodie definitely in the vein of these Daniel Miller recordings, and you should give it a shot. It's called Petrol and is credited to GeminEye and you can check it out here. And thanks to Laurie for the link, very cool track!

PS2 - Also wanted to note it's amazing how many images of naked teens come up with I do a google search for Silicon Teens. I probably shouldn't be that surprised, but I am. Also, the image posted here is from an early ST single, not the album. I thought this looked a little cooler than the album's real cover, but that's included with the MP3s.

No comments:

Post a Comment