Sunday, November 15, 2009

The Happiness Boys - Meat Parade


Sorry about the lack of updates but this is what happens when life catches up with you. I promise the site isn't going anywhere, but there is going to be one more week of mostly silence on my part. I'll be back to regular posting the week of Thanksgiving, although it might not be everyday. I want to do at least three posts a week, preferably four. It was a little easier in the Summer to have a post everyday, but I want the writing to be as good as the music, and if I can't do that, it all kinda gets derailed. So, please forgive this little bump in the road, but regular service will resume the week of November 23rd. Until then, there may be a post or two, but nothing big. Upon returning, I've got multiple Beck posts and some other new goodies for you to enjoy. For now, let me share this gem with you.

I love talking to Rom about music because he knows all about this cool shit I may never have heard otherwise. In particular, he brought Stephen Nester to my attention, and because of his mention I hunted down the Ghost Stories compilation which features works Nester did with The Happiness Boys, Slap and Belt. Very cool stuff which is sadly dead out print apart from the comp. Rom told me that Schematic will be doing a 12" reissue of the song Meat Parade sometime in the near future with new remixes attached, which is unbeleviably awesome! He also said he'd send me more Happiness Boys and Nester stuff to check out so I'll have some crazy goodies to share with you all in the near future. I think he's got the complete Duotone Records discography and I'll have to beg him for a rip of it!

I can't find too much info about Mr. Stephen Nester online but I did find a nice bio on Projekt Records official site for the Ghost Stories comp. You should get Ghost Stories now, as it will give you the heebie-jeebies while your jaw drops at how awesome and twisted it is! You can get MP3s at Amazon or uncompressed WAVs at Juno.


The Happiness Boys - Meat Parade
UPDATE: Removed by kind request of the copyright holders. A reissue may be coming at some point in the near future.

PS - Hit up Mutant Sounds for the second Happiness Boys EP, Resident Alien. Awesome stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment