Sunday, October 18, 2009

Laika - Sounds Of The Satellites


Sorry I haven't been around over the last few days guys. I've been writing my post about David Noller of Dynamix II and I'm going to visit KIND in the studio real soon among other things. I've also got a Richard Devine post coming soon, so, if there is a shortage of posts over the next week, it's not because I'm being lazy, I'm just getting more information so I can spread the word better. That Dynamix II post is close to being done so you'll probably see it next week. As for KIND, there will be info on them here soon enough, but what I'm doing for them isn't necessarily for this site.

I'm not going to spend too much time telling you about Laika, the music should do the talking. Beautiful and filled with subtle but extremely deep rhythms, if you're suffering from the gloom like we here in Ohio are, this is a good record to play on a dark Sunday. Also, Guy Fixsen, one of the engineers on MBV's Loveless, is a member of the band, if that gets your attention. Hit their official site and wikipedia reference for more info. Also, these guys don't really record any longer partially due to the decline of record sales, so if you like this, you should hunt down a copy of it or one of their other albums. This one is still available digitally in the US, so I'm only going to share it for a few days. Enjoy!

Laika - Sounds Of The Satellites
Part One
Part Two

01 Prairie Dog
02 Breather
03 Out Of Sight and Snowblind
04 Almost Sleeping
05 Starry Night
06 Bedbugs
07 Martinis On The Moon
08 Poor Gal
09 Blood + Bones (Moody Mix)
10 Shut Off/Curl Up
11 Spooky Rhodes
12 Dirty Feet + Giggles

No comments:

Post a Comment