Tuesday, July 7, 2009

INTERLUDE


So I was going to do a post on Cibo Matto, and I may still do just that, although it's going to have to wait a short while. I thought I had an arsenal of rare Cibo Matto stuff but I've found that the majority of it is readily available. Actually, if you're not familiar with Cibo, you should do yourself a favor and get their first album, VIVA! La Woman!, or the Pom Pom compilation on Rhino. That Pom Pom comp is nice as it has some rare tracks and lots of stuff from both of their full-lengths, but it has eight of the ten songs on VIVA and while that's most of the album, it's missing the track Theme. Man, that track is an ambient love-fest and should not be missed. I recall lots of fun with an ex whenever that track came on in mixtapes and such. What the hell, I'll put that track in this post, but a more detailed Cibo Matto post may be in your future.

As for the remainder of this interlude, I was rather upset to see that my Michael Jackson/Nirvana post was removed in it's entirety and I wasn't notified in any way that it happened. In the wake of Michael's death, I'm not completely surprised at it's disappearance, but I didn't say anything negative about him and I wasn't trying to benefit financially from his passing. Hell, I keep this blog ad-free because I don't think it's right to profit from things the artist may not have wanted released but found their way to the public regardless. So, I would have gladly removed the post if asked to do so, but when I don't even get a bullshit letter from the DMCA saying I pissed them off, I just see the post removed, that really boils my blood. So, if anyone is looking for the Michael Jackson Dangerous Demos, I'm not going to post the links here but, if you're resourceful, I'm sure you'll find them. They're in the same place they were earlier, just not visible from this site. And to whomever is going after people like myself for posting some interesting Jackson-related stuff for the public to enjoy, why don't you go after the people selling bootleg T-Shirts memorializing his death or the people trying to scalp tickets to the service at the Staples Center. I will respect your copyright if you've got an issue with what I'm doing, but send me an e-mail. Hell, I would have been less angry if I'd gotten a message from the DMCA or Blogger directly, but just doing this without telling me is WRONG. No ifs, ands or buts about it, it is wrong. I spend a lot of time writing the dialogue contained on this site and putting up interesting things for people to enjoy, and I don't see why you should be able to derail any of my work, apart from the removal of something you own the copyright to. You don't own my text or the thoughts contained therein, so leave those the hell alone!

Okay, the extremely angry and somewhat juvenile rant is now over. Enjoy some MP3s. Some MP3s more random than others!

Cibo Matto - Theme
Gloria Estefan - Everlasting Love (Classic Paradise Radio Mix)
Gloria Estefan - Everlasting Love (Classic Paradise Mix)


UPDATE: I don't think the post being removed necessarily had anything to do with Michael Jackson, but rather Nirvana. For whatever reason, the Michael Jackson tracks weren't removed from MediaFire, at least not in their entirety, but the Nirvana post was and twice. Can anyone give me some advice about things of this sort? I would like to know if there is some sort of retaliation I can take towards these actions, other than bitching, whining and kvetching like someone on Parking Wars. HELP?

No comments:

Post a Comment