Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Artful Dodger - Self Titled 1975


I'm not going to spend a lot of time explaining the history of this band, especially since there are a lot of sites that do it much better, including their very own site, just DO NOT confuse them for the similarly named British group that produce dance music. That said, this probably won't stay up for too long anyway because the band is pretty vocal about not having their stuff shared online, but that's a problem since all but one of their albums are unavailable, and when I get asked if I have any of their stuff, it's always this album that no one has but everyone wants. The band has said several times that this album, as well as their third and fourth albums, are awaiting reissue via American Beat records, but that's been said since 2007 and nothing has come of it, so I honestly don't think I'm doing anyone a disservice by posting this, but if anyone from the band or representing them would like this removed from my blog, please leave me a message either in the comments or by e-mail and I will gladly comply.


Artful Dodger - Artful Dodger (1975)

01 Wayside
02 You Know It's Alright
03 It's Over
04 Follow Me
05 Long Time Away
06 Think Think
07 Silver and Gold
08 Things I'd Like To Do Again
09 Waiting Place
10 New York City


UPDATE: Sorry guys, but as requested by the band, I am removing the album from download. I feel it's only right that if the artist in question takes the time to request their work is not shared, even if it's not available anywhere else via legal channels, that it is only right to respect their wishes. Let's do like they asked and support the band by requesting the label that owns the distribution rights, American Beat Records, get more reissues on the shelves as soon as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment