Saturday, June 18, 2011

Fashion, Wash-line and a Parade


Well today was one interesting day. At around noon I went to support my friend Irina (stART fashion team) at PROSTOR, fashion event in the heart of the Bulgarian capital Sofia, created with the sole purpose to exhibit unique clothes and jewelries from young bulgarian designers. All was fine and dandy until the police showed up at around 15:00-15:30 and secured a perimeter around us. After 16:00 it was a no trespassing zone. At first I didn't know but as I found out later the very same place was the last stop for the annual Gay Pride parade which was held meters from where I was standing. And that's how I witness a gay parade for the first time in my life. Interesting. Unfortunately the gay parade coincided with PROSTOR and both of them happened in the same day as Sofia Breaths, a popular cultural event, which significantly lowered the chances of each designer to showcase, promote and sell their creations. Nevertheless all this was a interesting experience. But all this left me so exhausted that this is going to be my last post for today. Hopefully tomorrow will be more productive.

PROSTOR @ Facebook
stART fashion team



No comments:

Post a Comment