Sunday, March 27, 2011

Requests and Odds and Ends

This post contains a few things which have been requested recently so I figured I'd put them online for all interested. Enjoy!




Akabu - Watch Yourself

FLAC
V0 MP3

As requested by DJ Pigg in regards to the main version appearing in the Steinski post. This was produced by Tom Silverman of Tommy Boy Records and Adrian Sherwood of On-U-Sound. The unmixed tapes were then given to Double Dee & Steinski who were asked to assemble finished versions for release. These are the (funky) results.




MC Paul Barman - How Hard Is That?

FLAC
V0 MP3

As requested by Dylan, this is the full 12" with the dirty, clean and instrumental versions, while the previous post only had the dirty ones.




Queen - NIN Remixes

FLAC
V0 MP3

This is a considerable upgrade over the previous versions posted. The two tape rips have been speed corrected by having them pitch-shifted one semitone up and the a copy of the officially pressed version of Trent's remix of Stone Cold Crazy from a Hollywood Records promotional CD single is included. I'm also sharing these links on a Queen forum as I was told the quality of the version of Tie Your Mother Down is better than the one generally circulating there.




Soul Coughing - Remixes

01 Super Bon Bon (Tchad Blake Kick Dub Mix)
02 Circles (Moby Mix)
03 Rolling (Invisible Disco-Funk Mix)



Since the last SC post I found a few of these remixes online and wanted to share them. The Invisible Disco-Funk Mix was created by Los Amigos Invisibles. I have no idea where the Moby mix of Circles is taken from and for all I know it might not really be his work, but I'm assuming it has to be an official mix of some sort since it's clearly created from the multitracks. As for the Tchad Blake mix of Super Bon Bon, it appears on a special Japanese reissue of the Irresistible Bliss, though I can't find a lossless rip of it anywhere. I'd love to find better copies of these tracks as well as the Grooverider remixes of Rolling and Ashley Beedle remixes of Circles, so if you'd like to share I'd love to talk with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment