Tuesday, March 29, 2011

EPICA 26.03.11


Now that was interesting (and completely unexpected). I was invited by a friend of mine to go to a metal concert. I was kinda hesitating because the band I was about to see was one that I didn't know much about nor I've heard much from them. The band's Epica, a dutch symphonic metal band with a lead female singer much like Nightwish. Don't get me wrong I like metal or at least some of it but when I heard what I'm going to listen to I was like "bitch please...". I mean the band's good no doubt about it but I wasn't in the mood for such music. But since I got nothing better to do that day I accepted the invitation. Good thing I did. For the opposite would meant not attending the greatest metal concert in my life (so far). I went there with no expectations at all only to find one damn good band fronted by a great singer.
Let's rewind a little bit. First we (me and two of my best friends) had to find the exact location of the concert. No easy task I assure you for it was placed far, far away from my comfort zone in which I usually wander. We even had to walk for about three or four bus-stops as we weren't sure where exactly was our bus-stop. Big fun i tell ya. At the end we managed to find the location and got there just in time. Before Epica there was a bulgarian support by a band that I only knew by name and never actually saw live until that day. Project Arcadia was it's name and they were pretty good considering the fact that they're relatively new band. they didn't play long but nevertheless the crowd was appreciative of their performance. What began as a set of their own original material ended up with ACDC's “Back in Black”. Nice cover though. Next on stage came Epica. What I saw first was this good-looking red-headed chick that looked hot in her super tight clothes. But then she opened her mouth and I was in awe. Damn, that lady got great voice above else. Well during their entire set I could stop staring at her for she's one damn good singer. Although I wasn't familiar with their songs it's save to say that they didn't have a single weak song or at least I couldn't remember for such. The entire concert was exceptional and one that left only good impressions in my mind. I feel lucky that decided to go for missing this concert was equal to committing a crime against myself. Still not a fan of the band nor the genre but much more appreciative of it for Epica is a shining example of how great some scandinavian metal bands are. Thanks to them now I know that when it comes to symphonic metal there's more than just Nightwish. Definitely much more.



No comments:

Post a Comment