Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Prince - Batdance Bootleg 12"


I was ripping some old cassettes from my tape trading days today and wanted to get this one transferred since most digital rips of this version of Batdance seem to be slightly incomplete. I got this tape back in 1993 and it came with two megamixes. All three tracks were released on a bootleg 12", or at least that's what I was told because I've never seen a photo or scan of the record. Regardless, the audio quality of the tracks are great, the unreleased, original version of Batdance is awesome and the Good Vs. Evil Mix is a really interesting idea that includes tracks from the Batman soundtrack and the Black Album. The last track, the so-called Ultimate Prince Megamix, is about fifteen minutes long and goes on quite a bit longer than I'd like for it to, but it and the GVE mix are both very clearly of professional grade, most likely from a group like Razormaid or Ultimix. Enjoy!


Prince - Batdance Bootleg 12"

01 Batdance (Original Version)
02 Good Vs. Evil Mix
03 The Ultimate Prince Megamix



PS - Just in case you're wondering about my comment where I said I'd never seen an image of this record, the above image is taken from an official UK 12" single. I just thought it looked nice and the image was appropriate for this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment