Saturday, October 30, 2010

The Christmas Present: A Request For Assistance


I mentioned I was working on a Christmas present for my visitors a while ago although not much has been said about it since. It's not time for me to announce what it is yet but I would like some assistance from anyone willing to lend a helping hand. I've got some people working on artwork although I'd love to get as many interpretations as possible. I also need help with packaging and distribution. I'm planning on sharing this as a torrent via a well known public site, although I might do it using a lesser known public tracker instead. Otherwise, the main contents of the package are pretty much ready to go, I just need some help with these things. So, if you could help me out with any of the following, please click on one of the highlighted topics and send me an e-mail and we'll talk. Thank you in advance!

Torrent Seeding: I need at least five people who would be able to help me seed this for the first week or two. I would get you the files well in advance so you could help seed them.

Cover Artwork: Without giving the source away publicly, this will be a reinterpretation of two well known record covers. I'm looking for something colorful and kinda cute. Humor is very welcome. Maybe something manga-esque. Again, write for more info.

Packaging and Additional Artwork: I'm not looking for anything terribly complicated here, but I do think it would be great if people could print off sleeves with the track lists for the discs and details about the source material. CD labels would be nice too but aren't essential. Two variants I thought looked pretty cool can be viewed here and here, although if anyone has a better idea for a DIY CD box-set I'm open to all suggestions.


Leave a comment here if you have any problems using those e-mail links. And big props to PBthal, for whom I ripped off the link code for sending e-mails and rewrote it a little bit. The best way to learn html coding is by ripping off code that works and making it your own!

No comments:

Post a Comment