Saturday, May 16, 2009

REQUEST FOR HELP: Soul Coughing - Ruby Vroom Rough Mixes


Would any of the fine visitors to this blog be able to point me in the direction of a copy or download of the rough mixes of Soul Coughing's "Ruby Vroom" album? I've seen it in trade lists over the years but I've never been able to procure a copy for myself.

For those wondering, the rough mixes of the Cough's RV feature several differences between the finished mixes including samples and performances that have been deleted. I've heard samples of the original intro to "Bus To Beelzebub" and the rather spare mix of "Down To This" which also features Doughty imitating a sample from the musical "Guys and Dolls". There are other differences but the biggest draw is two different versions of "Disseminated" which was re-recorded for their second album, "Irresistible Bliss".

If any of you could help me I would be ETERNALLY greatful and I would be more than happy to share any rarities in my collection you might be looking for. Either drop me a line via my e-mail (it's in my profile) or leave me a message in the comments. Thank you in advance for any help you can send my way! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment