Sunday, September 26, 2010

My Bloody Valentine - Remixes


How I adore Kevin Shields and My Bloody Valentine! I know I'm not the only one who worships at the altar of Loveless so I'll keep my unabashed fanboy nature to a minimum here.

I've pretty much accepted that there will probably never be another new My Bloody Valentine album, at least not in Kevin's lifetime, although there may be a Kevin solo album which would probably be nearly the same thing. That said, Kevin has stayed quite busy since Loveless even if the majority of his output since then has been limited to remixes and covers. There were supposed to be reissues of Isn't Anything and Loveless in the last few years, versions which are supposedly done and ready to be pressed, but Kevin wouldn't turn in the finished liner notes and/or give final approval. I'm assuming that money must be a factor, and I hope he gets his green in the end, but that also means there probably won't be anything new in the MBV kingdom for quite a while.

None of this is really a bad thing for Kevin and company. It keeps the mythical status of new MBV intact and Loveless will continue to amaze as long as there are people to listen to it. For the true fans though, Kevin's other releases have become harder to find than ever before. Remixes for soundtracks and singles, some never released outside of the artists' native countries, some in impossibly small pressings, it's downright ridiculous to search for original copies! But I have been collecting these trinkets for quite a while as have other dedicated (read: obsessed. Yeah, I am definitely obsessed!) fans and, over the next few days, I will share quite a few with all of you. For starters, remixes!

The following collection should by no means be viewed as complete. These tracks were selected from CDs and lossless rips I own of these releases so they would be of the best quality possible. There are some rarer tracks I have that are not nearly the same quality as these but are just as important, and those will be posted within the next few days. For today though, this is a nice overview of Kevin's production duties with other groups since the end of the Loveless era. Most of these mixes are rather incredible too, especially the ones for God, Hurricane #1 and Primal Scream. So I hope you enjoy these gems and make sure you check back over the next few days for more MBV related goodies!


My Bloody Valentine - Remixes

01 The Pastels - Magic Nights (My Bloody Valentine Remix)
02 God - Tunnel (Electro-Convulsive Mix)
03 Curve - Coming Up Roses (Kevin Shields Mix)
04 The Pastels - Cycle (My Bloody Valentine Remix)
05 Hurricane #1 - Rising Sign (My Bloody Valentine Mix)
06 Yo La Tengo - Autumn Sweater (Remixed by Kevin Shields)
07 The Little Rabbits - La Piscine (My Bloody Valentine Mix)
08 The Go! Team - Huddle Flash (Kevin Shields vs. The Go! Team)
09 Primal Scream - If They Move, Kill 'Em (My Bloody Valentine Arkestra)
10 Lush - Sweetness and Light (The Orange Squash Mix)
11 Bow Wow Wow - Fools Rush In (Kevin Shields Remix)
12 Mogwai - Mogwai Fear Satan (My Bloody Valentine Remix)

No comments:

Post a Comment