Sunday, June 20, 2010

Woman - Mazes


Who the hell are these guys? I found a MySpace for them although it doesn't appear to have been updated since January and there hasn't been a new message from the band since 2008. They have a Facebook page too but that hasn't been updated since March. They're apparently from Knoxville, Tennessee and are kind-of a supergroup of some of their scene's best known bands, but I can't seem to find much else about them. On top of that, this record isn't available digitally, it's vinyl only and apparently only available via K Records mail order. Man, this is so frustrating because this is REALLY GOOD!

I bought this recently at a really good indie shop in Kent, Ohio named Spin More Records. It comes in a hand silk-screened cover and looks awesome. It also comes with a CDR of the record but it appears to have been MP3 sourced and recorded rather quietly, so vinyl is the way to go, and these MP3s are ripped directly from my own copy of the record.

I don't like sharing things that you can buy, but since this is vinyl only, appears to be available only from the band and the aforementioned mail order link, they may have given it away for free at one point via their Facebook and I can't find much else about who they are or what they're doing, I wanted to put this online so people could check this out. It's a little like early PiL, with a little of Keith Levene's cutting guitar style. Very noisy and rockin' with a lot of different angles. Nevermind my talking though, you should simply download this and check it out. Seriously, DOWNLOAD THIS NOW! IT'S REALLY WORTH IT!!! And if anyone from Woman objects to my posting this here, let me know and I'll happily remove it, but I'd love to hear from you guys regardless because this is some awesome shit!


Woman - Mazes

01 Not Quite Metal
02 No Mr 31
03 Sssubtle Lady
04 Golden Milk

No comments:

Post a Comment