Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Dark Horse Review Roundup

Dark Horse was kind enough to send me a few preview issues:

1. Hellboy The Fury #1 by Mike Mignola and Duncan Fegredo features outstanding art, and the issue feels packed with panels. You can read a few preview pages here, but they're easily the most boring in the issue, and the preview really does the issue a terrible disservice. You can preorder the issue with the sweet Francesco Francavilla alternate cover for 20% off at TFAW.

2. Also excellent is Witchfinder: Lost and Gone Forever #5 featuring art by John Severin. The zombie cowboy army is nice, but I wish the preview showed off the witch (sorry, I'm not allowed to post anything other than what's in the public preview). This issue's also 20% off at TFAW, and I'll definitely be placing the collection on my wishlist when it's available.

3. By comparison, other than Dave Stewart's colors, I have nothing nice to say about BPRD The Dead Remembered #3 - - it feels like such a retread of previous Hellboy/BPRD stories.

4. And I didn't bother finishing Solomon Kane Red Shadows #3.

No comments:

Post a Comment