Friday, December 31, 2010

Happy New Year from The Unheard Music!


2011 will be upon us shortly, although it may have already arrived for you depending on where you are in the world, so I wanted to take a few minutes and thank you all for visiting the site and let you know a little about what is coming in this new year. The site itself isn't changing or anything, the focus will still be upon unreleased or rare music, though there will be a few big projects coming up. Starting in January, twice a month I will be posting a Homemade Deluxe Edition of a classic Prince album, filled with b-sides, remixes and unreleased tracks. When I'm through Prince's discography up to 1992 I will start posting HDE versions of select Prince side-projects. As of now, there are three releases ready to go and they are 1999, Lovesexy and Dirty Mind. All are two disc versions apart from Dirty Mind. I don't have a plan as to which I'm releasing first or second so if you have a preference let me know. I could also use help with the artwork if anyone wants to contribute. Squirrelgrease is a really nice guy but I haven't heard from in a while so he must be tied up, so if anyone wants to work on packaging with me it would be greatly appreciated!

Apart from the general Unheard Music stuff and Prince releases, I'm also going to be posting V4 of The Paul's Boutique Companion which may actually be spread over two DVDs, one with the audio and the other with video. I'm also working on The Thriller Companion, a lossless collection of every available unreleased, non-album or rare tracks from Michael Jackson's Thriller era, but that will be the only MJ project and I probably won't release it through this site, at least not via regular methods. I'm also going to try and get more interviews this coming year with Prince Paul and Dan The Automator on my wish list. Matt Dike is also on that list but his lack of a public presence makes it less likely for me to find success there. Last, but certainly not least, I'm working on a project called the edits. I guess you could call it a band but it's not just music I intend to be working on. One of the first projects for the edits is starting a record with others input, with the second working on music just for the edits, but more will be revealed soon.

So, everyone have a wonderful New Years Eve, have an even better New Year and be safe! Don't get too ripped, don't drive drunk and be responsible! Much love to all of you and I'll be back in a few days!


Dave3, The Unheard Music

No comments:

Post a Comment